Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cage the Elephant - self titled


Cage the Elephant
, a band that I wouldn't normally listen to, but for some reason I'm drawn to it. I first heard this band on the intro for the exceptional and very entertaining game Borderlands. The song "There aint no rest for the Wicked" was the theme, and it fit so nicely that I had to listen and it almost forced me to enjoy it. I've found that this band actually takes its sound from many exceptional bands such as Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blur, Oasis, bands that made their marks by being unique and ground breaking. Do I feel that CTE have the ability to be the same? Well not yet. This album is great for the most part, but this isn't for everyone. I seriously recommend you listen to "There aint no rest for the Wicked" It will better inform you of the style and sound better than I ever could.

No comments: