Monday, January 3, 2011

THIS IS POST 500!!!!!


Man, I feel like I"m doing one of these every week. I know it may not seem like it but a lot of effort goes into running this site. I'm always looking of new ways to make the site better looking and trying to figure out the ends and odds of working with HTML and Blogger. I've been honestly overwhelmed with the support I've been given for the site. Both myself and Mormotron would like to thank each and every one of you guys for visiting the site. Please if you ever have questions or comments don't hesitate to email me at Intelpromised@gmail.com. Now for post 500!

Last year was amazing for metal and I didn't even know it until the end of the year. I've been listening to so many good metal albums over the past couple days and I wanted to share some of them with you now.

Enslaved.
I've talked before about this band so I won't get into it anymore than I already have. If I had heard Axioma Ethica Odini 4 months ago I wouldn't have liked it. In fact that was the case. I heard the album and because of the black metal traits didn't give it much thought. Well, that was stupid because the album is absolutely amazing. If your fan of metal but don't like black metal I'm here to tell you, just give this album fair change. It will change your perception of the entire sub genre.
Waruum


Alcest.
Who says the French can't do anything right?? Alcest released an album last year called 'Écailles de lune' that has quickly become one of my favorite albums to listen to. This is progressive metal at its most beautiful and artistic. The heavy elements are still very mundane and the entire production is very enjoyable. If your a fan of lyrics and don't know French your outta luck because these guys almost exclusively use their native language. This doesn't take away from the album but rather it enhances the feel. Sometimes its just better not to understand what someones saying but how their saying it.
'Écailles De Lune (part I)'


Dagoba.
What if I was to tell you that this list featured not 1 but 2 French bands?! Crazy I know but the land of piece and love is spitting out some awesome bands. Dagoba has been looked at in a some what negative light. I've heard the album described as "Nu Death Metal" This is completely false. 'Poseidon' may not be as artistic as Alcest or as technical as Gojira but its as heavy has they come. This album is fun to listen to and for the people who care that your vocals are in English this is your band.
'Waves of Doom'

No comments: