Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Guster - Easy Wonderful


I. like the three of you who will read this, have only experienced Gusters "Goldfly". The song "Airport Song" is still one of my favorites to this day. Apparently they have released three albums since "Goldfly". Which is impressive in its own right. I wish I could have experienced the evolution of the band as they grew and changed their sound. So lets dive into their newest outing Easy Wonderful.

Well the first thing I notice is the almost "Beatles" sound that the band as acquired. This album is very happy, very positive. With lyrics like "every thing's alright. this could all be yours someday". Its very easy to pick up and listen to. The first song starts with an almost electronic sound moving into a pop rock song and ending up in a acoustic song and that's just the first three songs. As the album progresses, it has deeper sounding tracks. Some throw back to older country songs, to rock hits of today. This albums so diverse that its hard to stop listening to it. This is my second play through and I really only wanted to do the one, so that I could move onto other stuff but I just can't stop listening to it. It has a charm that is rare in the music world. The music isn't amazingly amazing. Other bands have done songs like these before. That doesn't take anything away from how well these guys do these songs.

Easy Wonderful will take you by surprise. If it doesn't its because you read my review or have listened to them in these past twelve years and if that's the case I say good for you! You could do so much worse than this newest outing by Guster.

I give Easy Wonderful 4.5 album covers done by a four year old out of 5

No comments: