Monday, November 29, 2010

Bon Iver


Ok so when I first found out about Bon I was not impressed. At all. Now I'm pretty sure that I could have anything he (Justin Vernon) plays loop in my head for the rest of my life and not go crazy. Justin was going through what most people would call a midlife crisis and decided to seclude himself in the woods at his fathers cabin for quite some time. I feel bad for the guy for all the crap he was going through that made him go be by himself in the woods for such a long time but it made him create which is probably my favorite album I have ever heard, For Emma Forever Ago. While he was in the woods all he did was record music which he planned to rerecord with a full band later. He ended up giving his "rough" recordings to a friend to help him rerecord it and the guy didn't touch it and I'm glad he didn't. I'm sure a lot of people don't get it and think that it's just super slow boring music that sounds weird at times but get over it and listen to it and I promise you will get it. There is a lot of emotion to this guy's music and you can definitely tell. Listen to For Emma Forever Ago one good time through and there is bound to be at least one song that will end up making you listen to the album again. The First video is the first video I saw of Bon. The rest are just amazing and you should watch all of them. Blindsided is a personal favorite of mine along with re:stacks. Unfortunately Bon Iver broke up and is no more but the only two albums they put out are good enough to last me a lifetime.

 








Black Cab Sessions - Bon Iver from Aaron Landry on Vimeo.

No comments: