Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Q Magazine's Top 50 Albums of 2010


This top 50 list is really interesting. Mainly because Brandon Flowers made the list at number 30. I hated that album, I deleted it the second I was done listening to it. Of course Arcade Fire are at number one. I like Arcade Fire don't get me wrong, but are they really worth a top spot out of all the albums this year? I guess some people believe that to be so. The most interesting element to this list was the inclusion of Robert Plant at number 2. I don't disagree, I've not heard the album. Its just an odd entry and one I don't think I'll see again so far up on a list. Might have to check that album out!

1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
2. Robert Plant - Band of Joy
3. Plan B - The Defamation of Strickland Banks
4. Laura Marling - I Speak Because I Can
5. Vampire Weekend - Contra
6. John Grant - Queen of Denmark
7. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
8. The National - High Violet
9. Paul Weller - Wake Up the Nation
10. MGMT - Congratulations

Plan B - "She Said"


John Grant (feat. Midlake) - "I Wanna Go To Marz"

No comments: