Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Decibel's Top 40 of 2010


Decibel Magazine released their top 40 albums to 2010. Decibel is a metal magazine so you might not recognize a few on the list. I got to say I'm not really suprised that Enslaved and Triptykon were so far up on the list. The album that Enslaved released and the EP that Tripykon released are both black metal which leads me to believe maybe that's where the industry is going. I recently found that I can tolerate some black metal, so I guess that's good for me. All in all the list is interesting and worth checking out.

10 The Austerity Program – "Backsliders and Apostates Will Burn"
09 Nails – "Unsilent Death"
08 Thou – "Summit"
07 Ludicra – "The Tenant"
06 Torche – "Songs for Singles"
05 Enslaved – "Axioma Ethica Odini"
04 Dawnbringer – "Nucleus"
03 Triptykon – "Eparistera Daimones"
02 Watain – "Lawless Darkness"
01 Agalloch – "Marrow of the Spirit"

Enslaved - "The Beacon"


Triptkon - "Descendant"


Agalloch - "The Watcher's Monolith"

No comments: