Thursday, December 2, 2010

Anathallo



Two years ago I stumbled into a small music venue in Columbia with a friend, and was pleasantly surprised by what I found there. I knew nothing about the headlining band, and honestly wasn't expecting very much of the evening... I waited for the normal screeching guitar and the eye-lined, "tween" jean-wearing musicians to start screaming about their daddy issues. Much to my surprise, the eight sensibly dressed members began to adorn the stage with brass instruments, several floor toms, and an assortment of auxiliary percussion goodies. Anathallo produced a sound that is refreshing, soothing, and on a more personal note, inspirational. Though they are no longer recording new material together, their "oldies" will always be "goodies" and should be appreciated as such. Posted are the music video for "Bells" and a live performance of "Kasa no Hone". Enjoy!

No comments: