Friday, October 1, 2010

Anberlin - Dark is The Way, Light is A Place

Gonna be honest. I wasn't sure if I should review this album. I've been listening to it for the past couple days and I have to say I really REALLY like it. I'm sure you've all heard the single "Impossible". That track is just infectious. It sits in your head and rolls around until you finally give up and listen to it. More than that though "Dark" is one of the best rock albums I've ever heard. From a song structure stand point this album kicks butt. Its completely solid all the way through. I've listened to Anberlin before in the past and I've enjoyed what they've produced but those albums always lacked something in my opinion. I wasn't sure what until this record. I don't know if its because they've matured as song writers or if they've just found a good place for their sound. Stephen Christian's vocals are stronger and he seems to sing with more passion than ever before. I honestly think that anyone could find this album accessible. If you like Christian music this is a must record for you.



I give this 4 falling horses (really falling horses) out of 5

No comments: