Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Maroon 5 - Hands All Over



If you know me at all you know how much I hate pop music. I mean really truly can't stand it. When I see Beyonce or Lady Ga Ga is makes me want to shoot myself in the breast. Pop now a days is so fake. Most of it is made on a computer by someone and then that person sells said song to an "artist" so they can sing it and make both parties lots of money. Its wrong, and people keep feeding the music industry by purchasing this crap. Which in turn makes you look like a freakin fool, llemming as it were.
Look Ma! I'm famous!

So what does that mean for Maroon 5? Well I don't know honestly. I know they play instruments. I've seen them live and met them.. Granted this was many years before they would make it big. In fact it was just after they changed their name from Kara's Flowers to Maroon 5. I really enjoyed Kara's Flowers and the first Maroon 5 album. I would put Maroon 5's "Truth About Jane" in my top 20 easily and I listen to more bands in a day then most people listen to in a month. The second album "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" was a huge disappointment for me, instead of sticking to their pop rock roots they went urban. That was a huge blow to their musical credibility with me. Shocking I know...
So its now 2010 and its time for a new album by pop's super darlings and right out of the bat I'm ready to hate this with everything that I am. Then I saw the video for "Misery" I have to say I was a little more than surprised. It didn't seem as "fake" as the previous stuff sounded, it actually seemed pretty plausible by a band to make that exact sound. So it gave me high hopes that this new album "Hand's All Over" would be at least decent. I was kind of right. If anything this new effort by Maroon 5 is tolerable. There are a few gems on the album such as "Give a little More" and "I can't lie". For every good track on the album though, there are 2 bad ones. The title track sounds like it is a carbon copy of a Def Leppard track. Stuff like that just isn't forgivable in my opinion. The song "Never Gonna Leave This Bed" sounds like its sung by Five for Fighting. I've also noticed a trend that maybe you can pick up on as well. The lead singer Adam Levine seems to like to go "OHHH YEAH!!!" like way too much. To the point to where I got annoyed when he did it or any rendition of it.

What it really boils down to people as always is personal opinion. If you enjoy what you hear, good for you! If you expect more from your artist then I applaud you and your musical tastes.

I give "Hand's All Over" 3 crazy videos of girls hurting you, out of 5

No comments: