Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Get Him to the Greek


Get Him to the Greek is one of the most surprising movies I've ever seen. Surprising in a really good way, not in the "Oh crap I've got herpes" way. It starts with one of IMO worst comics ever Russel Brand and Johan Hill and surprisingly they work well together. Brand's comic style is subdued by Hill's style, its like peanut butter and pretzels. I watched the movie this morning (its night time now) so I don't really remember the whole thing. Plus I don't want to give away too much, but the basic plot is...

Johan Hill plays a guy who works at a record company, his boss (played by a very funny Puff Daddy) asks his employee's to come up with an idea that will make them money. Hill suggests having a 10 year reunion concert with the washed up Brit pop artist played by Brand. Puff boss Daddy loves the idea and sends Hill to London to pick Brand up. What follows is one of the best buddy movies I've seen in a while. Its full of low brow dirty but funny humor. There's a scene where Hill gets "raped" that had me on the floor.

This movie is great fun and I recommend it to any guy or girl with a strong stomach for toilet humor and language.

Holy crap is a pissed off rapper, RUNNNN!!!
I give it 4 bags of heroin up the ass out of 5

No comments: