Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Day To Remember - What Separates Me From You


I kinda liked the last release "Homesick" by A Day To Remember. Its not really my style but I found it a mindless fun that you just need from time to time. Does their new album have the same charm or does it fall flat?

It falls flat. This is one of the laziest sounding albums I've ever heard. It just feels like the band is going through the motions and recording some pop punk for the 15 year old girls who like to listen to them. That's really disappointing. I was hoping that they would build on the sound from their previous work but they've regressed from that once enjoyable format. Any one of these songs could be a theme song for a wrestling PPV or on a commercial for Hot Topic. Here's hoping that they are just in a funk and that the next album will at least be tolerable.

What Separates Me From You gets 2 yawns out of 5

01. Sticks & Bricks
02. All I Want
03. It’s Complicated
04. This Is The House That Doubt Built
05. 2nd Sucks
06. Better Off This Way
07. All Signs Point To Lauderdale
08. You Be Tails, I’ll Be Sonic
09. Out Of Time
10. If I Leave

No comments: