Saturday, November 20, 2010

Twin Sister - Color Your Life EP


Until today I had no idea this band existed. I don't know if any of their material other than "Color Your Life" is any good. I don't know if this album has been around for a while. I honestly don't know anything about the band. What I do know is that "Color Your Life" is excellent. I've listened to it 3 times in a row now and I'm stunned. I don't even know how to really describe what it is I'm listening to. The bands female fronted and her vocals resemble those of Feist or Regina Specters. They aren't amazing but they are consistent and blend in well with the music.
The music its self sounds like a hybrid of electronic and real instruments. Its very atmospheric at times. They linger on certain sounds which feels like they're building up but don't over do the blow up. It sounds like they are having fun. Like they made a priority to let the audience in on the fun of making the record. Each song leaves you wondering whats going to happen next and that's the mark of a good band. The only downside of it all is the fact that its an extended play album and not a full length. I was wanting more at the end. Hell I'm still listening to it now.
If your searching for something different. If you need a pick me up. If you want to see that there are female fronted bands that work well. If you enjoy good honest music. PICK THIS UP. You can listen to the album in its entirety with the player to the right and see the video below.

"Color Your Life" gets 5 Galaxy Plateaus out of 5

No comments: