Friday, November 19, 2010

My Chemical Romance - Danger Days The True Lives of Fabulous Killjoys

That's officially the worst album title ever and this is coming from a metal fan. Seriously, it took me 3 minutes just to type that fucking title. I got bored doing it and almost quit this review. I'm on my third play through of this album and I'm seriously thinking about ending it all. Well I guess you can guess where this is going.

This is the fourth album by emo punks staple My Chemical Romance and I swear you can't tell. If this band has matured at all I don't hear it. This might be one of the most mindless poorly put together drivel of a album I've ever heard. Its lazy sounding. Like when they were recording it they thought to themselves "Those teenage bitches will buy this no matter what". You know what, they are right and that pisses me off. This album is shit. Its worse than shit. Its the worst piece of shit I've had to listen to. I made fun of Sufjan's new album for being hard to listen to. This shit is impossible. OK now for some constructiveness. I'm not sure if My Chemical Romance know what style of music they want to do anymore. The vocal work is undoubtedly emo, but the music is all over the place. Some songs are pop punk others drift into rock others don't really congeal into anything. Again I go to the word lazy. This record is a cop out. It just sounds lazy. I wish I could help you understand what I mean. Instead let me point this out there is a song called "na na na (na na na na na na)" I shit you not. That's the liner name of the song. There is also a terrible intro track to the album that has some fake DJ or someone introducing who the band is. I chose to listen to this shit and your gonna tell me at the beginning who it is. They are preparing for stupid people to listen to their music. Obviously that is their target audience. So I'll leave you with this. If you listen to this album you are stupid. PERIOD

Danger Days and blah blah blah gets a 1 out of 5

1. "Look Alive, Sunshine"
2. "Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)"
3. "Bulletproof Heart"
4. "SING"
5. "Planetary (GO!)"
6. "The Only Hope For Me is You"
7. "Jet-Star and the Kobra Kid/Traffic Report"
8. "Party Poison"
9. "Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back"
10. "S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W"
11. "Summertime"
12. "DESTROYA"
13. "The Kids From Yesterday"
14. "Goodnite, Dr. Death"
15. "Vampire Money"

Seriously, listen to this terrible shit. How many times did I say shit. Oh well. Its your fault, yeah you!!!

No comments: