Monday, December 20, 2010

Plain White T's - "Wonders Of The Younger" album review


How many pop rock bands does the world really need? My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, The Killers, Green Day, I could literally go on for an hour or so. These bands are so interchangeable that its hard to tell them apart. So when one comes along that does stand out from the pack they should really be good! Well too bad that's not the case this time. While I could compare this band to other bands like Relient K, and even some elements of Switchfoot. They sound so much like Relient K that I had to look up and see if Plain White T's weren't a off shoot of the band. That's not the only band they share elements from, Hellogoodbye is prominent in Plain White T's sound as well. I feel I've made my point so I'll move on.

"Wonders of the Younger" isn't a terrible album. There are some catchy songs and its mixed well and it sounds relatively genuine is production. The problem other than the fact that this music isn't very original is the songs try way too hard to be memorable but fall far from their mark. There are times like in the song "Welcome To Mystery", (which an legitimately good song) where the album does come close to making something of itself. These songs are few and far between unfortunately. There are evens songs that tend to annoy the listener, songs such as "Our Song" are just obnoxious.

I don't have much else to say about this album. I found it difficult to even get through writing this much. It just ultimately doesn't feel worth the effort. This album is by a band that will ultimately be forgotten soon if they haven't been forgotten already.

"Wonders of the Younger" gets 1 yawn out of 5.

1. “Irrational Anthem”
2. “Boomerang”
3. “Welcome To Mystery”
4. “Rhythm of Love”
5. “Map Of The World”
6. “Killer”
7. “Last Breath”
8. “Broken Record”
9. “Our Song”
10. “Airplane”
11. “Cirque Dans La Rue”
12. “Body Parts”
13. “Make It Up As You Go”

No comments: