Friday, December 24, 2010

Top Metal Albums of 2010 - Number 2


Iron Thrones - "The Wretched Sun"
I've been going back and forth for the number 2 slot since I started planing this. There are several albums I wanted to list but just didn't cut it, and then I thought "maybe I could do 2 album's a number" but that's just stupid. None of this is important but I want you to understand what I mean when I say this was a tough choice.

"The Wretched Sun" literally came out of no where. I've known about the existence of Iron Thrones since their debut and knew of their talent as musicians but I never thought they could make an album so good. Think Between the Buried and Me but more structured. The amazing thing is this band still isn't signed to a major label. Its baffling to me. The albums got a perfect blend of hard and not and some of the songs are so mellow that you wouldn't even know this was a brutal band if you just heard those parts. Nothing on this album sounds over produced and it just sounds like these guys are having a blast recording it.

I'm looking forward to more releases from Iron Thrones in the coming years. I'm sure its just a matter of time before they do sign with a label and when they do lets hope that they get the deal they deserve and the creative control they deserve.

Iron Thrones - "Like a Moth to Flame"


Iron Thrones - "Against the Grain"

No comments: