Monday, December 20, 2010

Under the Radar’s - Top 50 Albums of 2010


The indie music mag. Under the Radar posted its top 50 album list and its not very surprising to me. These guys always disappoint in this area but the biggest disappointment for me is number 1. I like the magazine and I respect the people who make it, so I won't argue their choice for number one, I just think it was poorly chosen. You can check out the full list HERE. I've included some highlights from their list.


4. Deerhunter - "Halcyon Digest"
Vestiges of The Strokes, Stereolab, and author Dennis Cooper waft through the ether like holy ghosts on Halcyon Digest. Bradford Cox wears his influences and heart on his sleeve, but never in a manner that deigns to cheap sentimentality, as exhibited on closer “He Would Have Laughed,” his heartbreakingly poignant tribute to Jay Reatard.
By John Everhart

14. Sleigh Bells - "Treats"
Why did people respond to Sleigh Bells? Maybe because if Treats was playing anywhere within earshot, it was inescapable. With guitars set to stun, beats designed to weaken building foundations, and Alexis Kraus’ inviting vocals riding over the top like a siren song, resistance was futile.
By Hays Davis

No comments: