Monday, December 20, 2010

When people call this trash "Metal" it hurts the genre.


I listen to enough music to understand that not everything is cut and dry in the music industry. Well that's true for the most part. Music mashes have been going on for many years and that has created some of the most polarizing music genre's in history. I mean rock in roll is a combination of genre's. Metal to me has too many sub genre's and this video is a prime example of that. Dance and metal have no place together. Brutal and "crunk" are polar opposites for a very good reason. Metal normally deals with pretty serious issues. Its an outlet for anger and a perfect way to get a message across. Dance music has no message other than "shake your ass" and that's not really a message at all.

I understand that kids love the auto tune bullshit and I've gone over how I feel about that more than once already so I'll not today. I just want to say this.

"Kids, there is much more to music than what you see below. I promise!"



Its sad that there must be two posts devoting to the hate of this band. It must be done.

1 comment:

Mormotron said...

I think two posts showing the hate for this band/"genre" is much needed. thanks for the support haha